Saturday, December 03, 2005

Personal Update and Blog Pointing

My exams are finally over. I think I did well on them which is another plus. Now that my exams are done I can start focusing my attention on other things such as working, blogging, more reading, etc. But since many of you are wondering: what did John learn while being at his first semester of seminary? I will share a short list.

1) Apparently I am a yankee ( I used think that just meant you were a patriot. I had no idea that being “yankee” was such a negative thing.)
2) Sweet tea is really good. Its a shame we don't have that up in Ohio.
3) Apparently there some sort of war a while back called the “War of Northern Aggression”. I never heard of it before.

Anyway I am sure I'll share more as I go. Right now I am looking forward working on my series on arguments for the existence of God (which I really will get back to). I know I said that before but not that exams are done I will soon start.

But for right now at this very minute I want to introduce some new bloggers. I think I will call this BLOG POINTING from now on. In this edition of BLOG POINTING I will share with some new blogs I have been reading and enjoying. I'll start with some people I met here at SBTS.

My good friend Jonathan Forsythe has a new blog Walking with Ordinary Joe. It one of my new favorites. I always enjoyed my conversations with Jon he always puts things in a proper God ward perspective. He is also an independent thinker. I am going to miss having him around.

Another good emerging blog is Every Though Captive by Kenan Plunk. Kenan is a friend I met at church and his blog is deep and insightful. I definitely expect good things from it.

Next is the SBTS metablog. This good way to see students here at SBTS are blogging about. It is a composite of many of the blogs here at SBTS. I recently have been added to it.

Once again I want to point you to a couple blogger I previously linked. Jason Milich because he finally remembered his password and now can blog again! He is going to start a series on leadership. If anyone leadership. His blog is still the oddly named Jason the Late and the Great. ( I guess pastor in Tennessee can get away with odd names for their blogs)

Take another look at Ryan's Simmon's Jumbled Rumblings. He recently posted on the “ Eye argument” showing that complexity makes it hard to believe it evovled.
Now to point you to some old favorites:

Check out Jeremy Weaver's Doxoblogy. I think his posts on atonement are stellar and are a must read for anybody.

Russel Moore has funny article in the Henry Institute. Apparently he ticked off some witches and they now wish that we would be reincarnated as a barren woman in a patriarchal society.

Oh yeah ! And speaking of funny I recently have been enjoying all the funny pictures at Purgatorio.

Anyway happy reading! Its time for me to continue celebrating be exam free!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Steve Weaver said...

Welcome back from the real world to the blog world! You were missed! Congratulations on finishing your first semester!!!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger mark pierson said...

I'm new to the blog world,sorta. Can't wait to see your posts!

Mark Pierson

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Rose~ said...

You mean you're not going to point anyone my way? I'm so surprised and offended!

;~)

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger John said...

lol Rose I can't be pointing peope to someone who would lead them people astray. I would not want to responsible for that. Suppose a Calvinist would convert to being Semi-Peligian?!? I believe in Perserverance of the Saints not of Calvinism! Anyway I don't mean anything in this post. Rose perphaps you'll make the next edition of blog pointing. You do have good stuff and I am thinking of doing one edition of Blog pointing to people who use illeration in their blog name.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Rose~ said...

Don't call me Semi-Pelagian. You and Dave Mullins and your labels!

That's alliteration. (need that proofreading brush-up)

;~)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home