Sunday, November 20, 2005

Semper Reformanda

This blog post is of much lighter note than the previous few. This post I should have done a while ago. It is my Reformation Day Pictures post.

Well I celebrated Reformation Day with the Semper Reformanda spirit. In case you do not know Latin it means always reforming. As Christians we are to be alwayse reforming. Not becoming more Calvinist but constantly bringing reform (revival , to use more modern terminology) to own life. Constantly being more conformed to the Word of God in our own lives. Sola Reformanda was also the battle cry of the reformers that we always need to be reforming in a corporate level bring reform to the Church conforming it to the Word of God and opposing anything that unbiblical in the church.

Here is my light hearted effort to celebrate Reformation Day with my own way of living out Semper Reformanda by staging a number of reenactments of Luther’s famous 95 thesis posting through out Louisvile.

In honor of my dear friend Dave Mullins I decided the first place bring Reformation to Mullins Hall at Southern Seminary. Though I did not get too far since it girls dorm.

Next I thought I would celebrate Reformation Day with Southern’s neighbor seminary Louisville Seminary ( Presbyterian USA) . So there I again I did late night reenactment at their chapel.


Lastly I finished the night with a reenactment at a certain Catholic church. It was not quite Whittenberg but the closest thing I could find. (It was cool the nail was already there on the church, we certainly did not put there.)

Lastly, I hope this picture will be taken in good fun and won’t offend anyone. I did not cause any property damage nor left the thesis at various places out of respect for that place. It was just fun posing with the camera. No laws were broken or handbooks violated. Oh yeah and I would explain the “Reformation Day Cowboy Hats” but its not worth the explanation.


Oh yeah here is the last peice of Reformation Day fun that I am sharing for this year. It a cake made good freind Josh and his wife Debbie for a contest for a Reformation Day party they took third place. Anyway its time for me to start transition to celebrating other hoolidays like Thanksgiving.

9 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! It's Martin Luther on that cake. That means something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe they could sell the cake on ebay and make some money.
Just jokin. Great idea with the cake and the celebration stuff. Are you guys going to celebrate the Inquisition too?!

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Tony Kummer said...

Excellent. Is your semester coming to a flaming end? I noticed your blogging zeal was reduced like mine.

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Joe said...

Uhhh....Did Martin Luther wear glasses? (Actually, I really don't know...had they even been invented yet?)

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger John said...

Tony,
You got it! Flaming end but I hope with no crashing and burning. There is so much I want to blog but the books are calling. The Spirit is willing but the schedule is weak. Anyway Tony I hope you finish the semster well. I am looking forward to the week after next when exams are behind us. Thanks for stopping by.
-John

oh Joe, um I don't think he did wear glasses but I could be wrong. I wanted to say Franklin invented glasses but I am thinkig of the biphocyles (sp?).

Thorny,
Hey I hope you enjoyed your first Thanksgiving married! Probably not going to celebrate inquestion. I miss you buddy. I hope things are well for you.

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Matthew said...

Hahahaha - great stuff.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Jeremy Weaver said...

Did the cake actually become the body of Martin Luther, or did it remain cake and yet at the same time be Martin Luther, or was the cake a Memorial to Martin Luther, or was the cake a Memorial with the real spiritual presence of Martin Luther?

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Handmaiden said...

Actually, Martin Luther baked the cake and left it under his 95 theses with the note, "Who says you can't eat your cake and have it too?"

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice pics John.....I knew seminary would drive you crazy!!!! Hey, how'd you think I got this way...! SWBTS, SBTS....same results :)
Have a great day and try not to crash and burn too badly in the next 2 weeks.

Deep aka Brian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home