Monday, January 16, 2006

My New Years Sermon









I just wanted to let everyone know you can now hear the New Years sermon I preached at First Baptist Church of Aurora when I went back home for the holidays. The tittle of the Sermon is "Starting the New Year Christ Centered". Click here to hear the sermon and here to get the outline. The text is Col 1:15-18.

I definately counted it a privelge to preach at my home church on New Years day and thankful for the oppertunity they let me have. Though I have had many teaching/preaching oppertunities though devotionals, sunday school, Bible studies etc this was the first Sunday morning exerperiance I have gotten to have. I am also honored that the first "real sermon" I got to preach was at my home church and had the oppertunity to stand behind the pulpit.

So anyway there it is. Hopefully some people in the Blogosphere might benefit from it.

8 Comments:

At 2:40 PM, Blogger Shawn said...

Wow I'll listen to this one.

Are you still in seminary or are you done with school

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger John said...

I just finished my first sememster of seminary so just starting. I did an internship with my home church during the end of my senior year of college and ended when I came to Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in the middle of Augest. They invited to me to preach while I was home for a while.

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Joe said...

I started listening and will finish later.

I must say, though, you sound just like I had imagined! And that's a good thing.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Rose~ said...

I will listen too, John, tomorrow at work. I hope you have some nice warm weather where you are.

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have to listen to it, John, I heard the real thing:) I'm glad I had the chance to hear ya in person. I knew you'd do well and you did. Great job--keep it up! Great message and great presentation:)

Everyone should take a listen...it's worth it!

Laters!

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey John! I hate to do this, but I actually have a very funny clip of a preacher over at my website. I wanted to extended my welcome to everyone who reads your blog in need of a good laugh to come over to http://spartan.blogs.com for one. Hope you're doing well my friend and brother.

Thorny

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Steve Weaver said...

Good job!

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger John said...

Thanks Steve! That means alot to me coming from you! I have enjoyed a number of your sermons online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home