Friday, April 08, 2005

My Bio!

Hey, If you have not yet heard I am now the Pastoral Intern of my Church! I am so excited! God has been so gracious and good to me!
My Pastor asked me to write my biography for the Church bulletin so I decided to share that here.

I was born in Detroit Mi and grew up Northeast Ohio. I was not raised in a Christian home and was void of any spiritual influences until God in his grace rescued me out of my devout atheism. Christ entered my life four years ago during my senior of high school. God revealed himself to me as the answer to the void of meaning in my life. God first cracked my hardened heart though the testimony of creation and then brought me to a saving knowledge of him through the hearing and understanding of the Gospel. Meeting Christ then radically changed my life from the inside out. I went from a life characterized by the despair of only knowing the vanity of life to a life marked by the joy knowing the living and real God who created me. After my salvation I then grew to develop a love for the word of God which allowed me to get know and have fellowship with my new found Savoir.

After I graduated from Stow-Munroefalls Highschool I started attending Kent State University. This would both challenge and strengthen my faith. During my time at Kent I developed a burden for my campus and then got involved with many Campus Ministries and would lead a number of small group Bible Studies. I started my time at Kent studying International Relations and with a minor in Russian. Responding to God’s call in my life I changed my major to Conflict Management with a minor in Religion Studies to prepare me for a Seminary education and ministry. I graduate from Kent State this summer using my Pastoral Internship to fulfill my Conflict Management Internship requirement.

My summers were spent as a Counselor at Skyview Ranch, a Christian camp and retreat center in Millersburg, At Skyview I was responsible for evangelizing and disciplining campers of all ages. During my three summers at Skyview I was able lead 24 of my campers to Lord. During my time at Skyview God confirmed to me his calling in my life showing me that he will use whoever is willing to be used. God also did much to equip for ministry during my time at the Skyview.

I joined First Baptist in the fall of 2003. I was first drawn to First Baptist through the love shown to me by members of First Baptist through Crosswalk Colligate Ministries. I am thankful for the church family I have in First Baptist.

I am currently planning on attending Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in the fall. I am very excited about serving as the Pastoral Intern. I count it privilege and honor to be serving First Baptist in this way as well being trained and invested in by the church for future ministry. I thank God for his extreme goodness and unmerited graciousness to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home