Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Alistair Begg

This is the first time I am writting about my day and not a reflection or Bible study. It so exciting I can't help myself. Today I met ALISTAIR BEGG!!!!! Here the story. I am on Spring Break and did not have to work today so I decided to do some exploring. I needed to go to Christian Book Store but I decided to go to Parkside's Book store since today I had the time and did not want to go to closer one. So I decided to finally go to Parkside. I always wanted to go having heard Truth for Life on the radio.

(this first paragraph that is above I wrote Tuesday the day it happened but the next two I added tonight since I didn't finish the post)

Anyway I go to the store which was amazing in itself. Definately one of the best Christian bookstores Ive been in. They had stuff on Theology, Church History and academic stuff it was not all Christian Living like most Christian bookstores. Anyway as I was leaving in walks Alistair Begg along with 5 other guys in business suits! I was like holy cow! I can't believe it! Its Alistair! Really for a second I did not know what to do! I was star struck. He is definately a man I greatly admire for his Biblical expository skills. Part of me was like I can't meet him I too nervous. Then I am like NO I got to. But I am like what do you say to Alistair Begg? So anyway I walk over and introduce myself and tell him that I listen to him on the radio and appreciate his Biblical teaching. Then Alistair and I had a breif bit of small talk. He was so cool! I must have been a dork. Picture a star struck fan meeting a big celebrety and that was basically me. Anyway he made small talk with me about college basketball(he likes U of Kentucky because UK looks like United Kingdom). Then he ask me a few questions about me like where I am from and what I do etc. He also invited me to the good friday service (which I did end up going to which was awesome) I was really impressed with him and how he made a little bit of time to have small talk with me when he was clearly in the middle of something. What a cool guy! Meeting him was definately the highlight of my Spring break!

It was funny driving home I called all my freinds to let to let them know I met ALISTAIR BEGG!!! Then I had to laugh at myself realizing how star struck and excited I got for meeting a Pastor. It made me wonder how many other people would react that way to meeting a Pastor. Anyway that I guess I can add him to the list of famous preachers and great expositors of God's word that I met. The list so far is Al Mohler, Alistair Begg, Dave Mullins, Chris Thornesberry, and Keith Missel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home