Friday, June 24, 2005

John Babri Returns

I know many of you were wondering hey where is John? No emails, phone calls or new blogs for a week! I can hear the devastation... Well I was gone wth my Church on Mission Trip to Brookville Oh.

What did I do? Well my Church with a group from Mississippi came together to help build Sycamore Ridge Community Church. This is a Church God has been clearly blessing and expanding to new building. The Mission Trip was with Builders for Christ, a group that brings teams from SBC churches together from around the country to work together to volunteer time, people, and resources to build churches.
Check out the Church's website here http://www.sycamoreridge.org/
They have pictures of the building process there. Not many with people strangly but good photos of the building. And to prove the blogosphere is every where the church has blog that speaks about the work being done their http://ridgebuilding.blogspot.com/ My church worked on electricty, siding, and a backyard Bible club.

Anyway I just got home a little bit ago and am pretty pooped so I have just a few reflections:
1) People from Mississippi can cook
2)Nothing can stop Pastor Keith's desire for Starbucks
3)Its awesome to the body of Christ at work together
4)Puppet Ministry is actually a fun Ministy when there are kids watching
5) Do tons of praying when its time to drive home
6) I am not called to be a construction worker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home